10.29.2009

Halloween - Is it Over Yet?

Aaron and I went to a Halloween party last Saturday, so to me it feels like Halloween is already over. Why is everyone talking about costumes and parties and whatnot?? Oh, right. The rest of the world isn't necessarily on my schedule. That actually explains a lot...

This weekend we're invited to three parties. It started off as two and a concert, and we just received the third invite the other day. We couldn't decide what we wanted to do BEFORE we started losing count of our options, so I don't know how we're going to make our minds up now. What we definitely will not be doing is staying home and passing out candy. I thought it would be fun last year, but since 50% of the kids that showed up didn't even bother dressing up, much less saying "Trick or Treat" or "Thank you," much less waiting until I opened the front door all the way before plunging their grubby hands into the bowl in my arms and retrieving fistfuls of candy (and no, I am not exaggerating), I think we'll pass on that this year... and pretty much every year from now on.

There's also a costume contest at work tomorrow. Somehow I don't think the "Zombie Pinup" costume I made for last week's party is entirely work-appropriate. And since my absolutely INGENIOUS and HILARIOUS costume that I made last year got the short shrift, and a boring, store-bought "Twister" (like the game) costume won for "funniest," I'm not really feeling the work contest either. (If you're wondering, I was "Static Cling" - I wore black yoga pants and a black t-shirt with socks, underwear and pantyhose sewn all over both, and I know I got more laughs than "Twister!" It was rigged I tell you!)

So yeah, I'm pretty much over Halloween. Aaron's excited to go party again this weekend, so we'll most likely end up doing something festive, though. By that time I'm sure I'll have caught the Halloween bug again. And if not, I'll just drink!

2 comments:

LLnMS said...

LMAO about your trick-or-treaters from last year...I don't blame you for not wanting to do that again this year!

Hope you have fun this weekend!!

The Evil Banana said...

we gave out this year and i think the kids were great, Noah gave out and didn't say otherwise. I had to round up Cupcake with every "trick or treat", until 8pm when we finally got sick of watching her and be damned; if she attacks then i would be the most surprised of all.
Ends up, she just wanted to watch Noah give out the candy and never left his side. CUTE!!!!!!!!