11.23.2009

It's Not Just for Turkeys Anymore

My SIL, Brandy (on the right) posted this photo to her blog a while back and I just love it. In case you don't know, it's me, Aaron, his brother Noah, and Noah's wife Brandy. This photo was taken at Aaron & Noah's uncle's wedding back in... 2003? I think? Both couples had been dating for only a few months at this point. You can tell, we all look so naive, right? Haha! (This photo has nothing to do with my post, I just had it already loaded up in a blank blog post, so I thought I'd share.)

Anyway, Thanksgiving is in just a few days. The time of feasting and hopefully remembering and thanking God for all the things He's blessed us with. I for one am guilty of focusing on all the things I DON'T have (or maybe just one thing I don't have) rather than all the wonderful things I do have. Even Thanksgiving day is usually focused much more on the feast than the thanks. So this week I've decided to be consciously grateful. Yes, the whole week. Well, except for that comatose hour right after dinner, I'm giving myself a pass then.

Today, since it's Monday, I think I'll be grateful for my job. As tedious and stressful as it can be, I am lucky to even have a job in this economy. I certainly have enough friends looking for work to appreciate my circumstances. So as I get ready to head home for the day, I'll send up a little prayer thanking the Big Guy that Aaron and I have steady jobs that pay all our bills and keep a roof over our heads.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: