5.05.2009

Just a little pet-peevey

I went to Quizno's for lunch today. I try to eat lunch later in the day in order to beat the rush, but there were 3 people ahead of me. Oh well, no big deal. Except for this one guy who was in line right in front of me. He looked to be about 50 years old, and was wearing a suit, so he can't be a complete moron right? Wrong.

First of all, he is standing directly in front of not one, but two signs that say ORDER HERE in big red letters. Sandwich Maker looks up at him and smiles expectantly. Suit says (no joke), "Do I order here?"

Kitty smacks her forehead.

Sandwich Maker says yes. Suit tells her, "Gimme a torpedo." -- Okay I have to pause here. Yet another of my pet peeves is when people are ordering food and they say, "gimme" or even, "give me" rather than something more polite like, "I'd like to have...," or, "can I get a..."

Moving on.

S.M. asks Suit what kind of torpedo he'd like. He is amazed that there are different kinds. (NOTE that there were 2 people in line ahead of him and that he had to wait a couple minutes before he ordered - he had plenty of time to peruse the menu.)

Kitty smacks her forehead again.

S.M. proceeds to tell Suit what his torpedo options are. One of them is Beef, Bacon and Cheddar. Suit asks, "Does it come with beef, bacon and cheddar?"

Kitty smacks her forehead a third time. She is starting to get a bruise.

S.M. tells Suit that it does indeed come with all three aforementioned acoutrements. Suit says, "Okay." S.M. confirms Suit's hardly explicit decision by saying, "You want the Beef Bacon and Cheddar?" Suit replies, "HUH?"

Kitty looks around for hidden cameras, and upon finding none, loses all hope for humanity.

2 comments:

The Evil Banana said...

haha...
the joys that life brings. NOte to Kitty, maybe go earily then later to beat crowds, I think hunger is getting the best of you and I worry for everyone elses safety.
haha.

Unknown said...

my dear kitty! be careful when smacking your head, you can damage yourself, not to mention the nasty headache it can bring. why not just smack the object of your irritation?... oh yeah, there may be some laws against that.