5.18.2009

Lovin' the weekend

I have to say, for not doing ANYTHING we planned on doing this weekend, it turned out to be pretty productive.

Our backyard is starting to look a little nicer, we finally bought some plants - - AND we planted them! - - yesterday. We now have a red rose bush, 2 different kinds of yellow lily, a hydrangea, 2 azaleas (purple and pink), a red gerber daisy and a fern. The best part is most of them are already flowering! The roses smell divine, and the hydrangeas are blue for now. I hope they stay that way, I just love blue hydrangeas. With any luck our new plants will make it through the week, so at least they'll look nice for "VD Beer Festivus for the Rest of Us Invitational." Lord knows with my black thumb they won't last much longer than that!

Our once-dingy house is now bright and shiny, since Aaron scrubbed the whole exterior of the house and garage too! It makes such a difference. And now that it's looking nicer I'm feeling a lot more motivated to start tearing out the ugly plants in the front yard and try to grow something pretty. We're also trying to come up with a plan for the scary star pine living in the yard that may or may not include removing it entirely.

Still to complete - the fire pit! It's so close too. All we need is some sand, and I'm sure it will take only a couple hours to finish it off, but man, are we good at procrastinating. We still don't have blinds either of course, but I did discover some temporary window coverings at JCPenny that look like blinds! They were only $6, super easy to put up, and bada-bing - we don't live in a fish bowl anymore! It's pure heaven.

Now I just need a new front door, back door, and maybe if I'm really good, a table and umbrella for the backyard!

A gal can dream right?

No comments: