5.12.2009

Just. Pure. Awesome.

Our anniversary getaway was great! Yes, I forgot my camera as usual (sheeoot!), BUT I did buy a disposable. When I get it developed I'll have them make a disc for me so I can upload some pics.

We stayed in Avila, and Aaron's big surprise for me was taking me to our favorite winery - Justin - in Paso Robles. We went on a tour and stayed for tasting, then we joined their wine club, and got on the list for the more exclusive club too. (Ooooh!) We really went all out, and I can't wait to get our first shipment!

The hotel was really nice too. It didn't look anything like a standard hotel room - there was a wet bar, a (gas) fire place, and a balcony with a little two-person hot tub on it. And the bathroom was huge, all travertine tile, like something you'd see in someone's home rather than in a hotel room. Just lovely!

I was really bummed to have to come home on Sunday after such a great weekend! Unfortunately, now Aaron has set a precedent and he's going to have a lot to live up to next year...

Kidding!!

Dang - I took a break from typing this and during that time Aaron stopped by my work and brought me 3 dozen red and white roses! Holy cow he's good.

Guess I should get him a card or something... ;)

3 comments:

The Evil Banana said...

dang, your husband needs to sit down with my husband and give him some tips!!!
JECLOUS!

...but, in all seriousness really not a bad idea.

Beth said...

How romantic! You are one lucky lady, my friend.

Unknown said...

Awh what a wonderful surprise!!!! Sounds like it was absolutely perfect