9.09.2009

Albuquerque

Hi there!

The internet connection at our motel in Albuquerque sucks, so I'll post pics of the Flagstaff - Albuquerque leg tonight when I also post about Albuquerque to OK City.

For now I'll just say, both Aaron and I have been very pleasantly surprised on this trip! Yesterday he mentioned that Arizona was nothing like he expected. It's so colorful! We took a nice leisurely drive through the petrified forest and painted desert on our way to Albuquerque and saw so many breathtaking views. Not to mention the petrified wood and 800 year old Indian ruins and petroglyphs. And driving through the first half of New Mexico was amazing. I always thought it was just desert, but there's so much variation in the terrain I couldn't keep my eyes off it throughout the entire drive - mountains, rivers, plains... it is really beautiful here.

The weather has been pretty great too - not too terribly hot. Plus there are thunderstorms all over the place so we've been lucky to get a lot of shade from the clouds. We may actually run into some today on our looooong drive to OK City. I just hope it doesn't rain when we get to the Cadillac Ranch! We are fully prepared to leave our mark on one of the cars, weather permitting...

More later :)

1 comment:

The Evil Banana said...

mark...at first my mind went to the dirty place, because I TOLD you guys to get creative and document for me....don't ask why.
I've got a book deal in the makin's.

But then I realized you most likely meant something like write on them....yawn.