9.07.2009

Leg 2: Phoenix to Flagstaff

We awoke in Phoenix to a lovely day, a high of only about 103 degrees, and headed out to the Dodgers/D-Backs game just after noon.

Here we are, representing our team outside of Chase Field. There were SO many people wearing red!! Way more than the amount of blue we see at a typical Dodger game.

We had some great seats! I've never been so close to my boys. It's pretty cool knowing that when you're screaming like a maniac the players can definitely hear you.

They won (7-2)!

We planned on driving directly from Phoenix to Flagstaff, but when we saw that Sedona wasn't too far out of the way we decided to make a detour.

And I'm glad we did! I now know what all the hype is about. Sedona is absolutely beautiful. We drove through town right at sunset and we couldn't have planned it more perfectly.

Gorgeous! My camera doesn't do it justice.

We stopped at Hiro's Sushi for dinner in Sedona. Turned out it was opening night for the restaurant, and although the service was slow, the food made up for it. Plus, you can't beat this view from our table.

After dinner we drove through the forest to get to Flagstaff and it was amazing. It is really incredible how many more stars you can see when you're away from city lights. I spent most of the drive staring up through the sunroof. At one point while I was searching out the window for sasquatch (hehe, you never know!) I saw a HUGE buck standing on the side of the road. Living in Southern California my entire life, I haven't had many opportunities to see big deer in the wild, so it was a pretty awesome sight.

All in all a pretty great day. Technically it's still early, but we're beat! More tomorrow from Albuquerque!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures! It lookes like you guys are having a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the photos...Road trips ROCK !!

Anonymous said...

I really loved the pictures. I hope the next leg of your trip is just as fun!!

Don't Call Us Kate said...

KITTEN! MISS YOU ALREADY! But I LUVR the pics and the commentary.. I think you found your calling! Keep up the good work! MORE! MORE!

The Evil Banana said...

haha....all that way and you still have sushi.. I guess you can't take the California out of the girl, even if you take the girl out of California.