9.06.2009

Leg 1: Ventura to Phoenix

The drive to Phoenix took about 7 hours and was, as predicted, pretty uneventful. But, it did go by faster than I expected. We got to use our new GPS thingy and it worked perfectly! I was a little worried since it was a brand I've never heard of and was on super clearance. Also, the new stereo and sub-woofer rocked!

We're pretty tired from a long day, preceded by a late night last night, so I'll keep this short.

I love windmills! And there were hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of them in this area near Indio, CA.

We stopped for a bathroom break at a gas station right across from the General Patton Museum. There were at least a dozen tanks sitting out, so I snapped this pic driving by.

What do you see in these clouds? Aaron saw a camel (to the left) and E.T. (to the right). I see... well... pretty, fluffy clouds!

To the right, you'll see a poll. We saw these geographic formations and couldn't decide if they're considered "mesas" or "plateaus." Since we have no idea what the difference is, maybe you can shed some light on the subject.

Okay, I'm gonna get ready for bed. I have to be fresh when I see my boyfriend (Russell Martin) and the rest of the Dodgers kick the D-Backs' butts tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Evil Banana said...

awwwwwwwwwwww..what a great start! congrats on the first day and so much driving. oye!!