9.11.2009

OK City to Cedar Rapids

We made it! We're officially at our furthest point East on our trip, and after this weekend we'll be on our way back home. I can't believe that it's almost halfway over! We're spending the next three nights at Aaron's cousin John's place in Cedar Rapids, and I have to say, his place is pretty freakin' awesome. I'll post photos of it later this weekend. For now, here's what we saw the past two days:

For Tracy - this is the drive to Oklahoma City. I love Oklahoma and have decided to move here some day. I just love that there's grass everywhere (you'll understand my penchant for grass if you've seen my sad, sad front yard). We drove into a storm (finally!) and got to see a pretty cool lightning show on our way to the hotel.

Pretty much every place we've been has just blown all of my preconceived notions away. I just wish we could have spent more time in all of the cities we've been in so far. This is one of the rivers we crossed while driving through Kansas. (OMG - there are rivers in Kansas? I thought it was just fields of wheat!) How cool is it that there are trees sticking up out of the water?

Yep, there are definitely lots of fields in Kansas too. :)

I completely forgot to bring the camera into the Royals-Tigers game, but here's a photo of the Missouri River on our way from the game to our hotel. The game was great - okay, the game itself was pretty boring, but we sat right next to two Dodgers scouts! Aaron chatted one up and found out he was watching the Royals' pitcher. He even asked what we thought of the team this year. It was pretty dang cool.

And here's our view from our hotel room in Kansas City. I really wish we'd been able to spend more time there, the city seems really cool. Did you know it has the second largest number of fountains in the world? Only Rome has more. Again, Missouri completely surpassed all my expectations. It is a beautiful state!

Okay, I drove from Kansas City to Cedar Rapids and Aaron was on paparazzi duty... unfortunately, he wasn't all that interested in his job so we don't have a lot of photos from this leg.

Iowa is full of fields! Lots of corn and soybeans. Even their sign says "Fields of opportunities". I, however, love fields, farms, ranches... It all seems very romantic to me, the idea of living on acres of land all to yourself. So I love it! And I can't wait to see more!

But for now, I'm taking a break with my Miller Light. More later!

2 comments:

The Evil Banana said...

all this peacefulness is almost unsettling. I'm used to California road rage and cement as far as the eye can see.
What a experience, glad your having a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I have family in OK. If you move there I can recommend a good plumber. ;)


We miss you guys!
~Amber